1. Treat yourself - I spend most of my money on driving lessons and trying to save up for car insurance etc. Eventhough saving is important for the future if you're hoping to move out, but if we work hard all week why shouldn't we treat ourself to a new outfit or to a more luxurious lipstick? It's important that we feel good about ourself which leads onto my next tip.
2. Look after yourself - I don't mean we should be going to the salon every single week to get our hair done. I mean the little things. If you are a girl who used to always have immaculate nails, don't let that slip just because you're tired or busy. I'm a hypocrite for this one. I always feel too lazy to mousturise by the time I'm ready for bed. But in the long run having better skin and nicer nails enhances our confidence so it's definitely worth the time.
3. Spend time with loved ones - This is one of the most important. Sometimes our families can be the ones to stress us out the most. The constant nagging to tidy your room or the arguments with siblings. However, they're the ones who care for us the most. It's important not to take them for granted and to make the effort to watch a film together or go out for lunch or dinner. They know us the best and will cheer us up or give the best advice when feeling down.
4. Don't lose contact with your friends - If you have a boyfriend like myself, it's natural to want to spend all your spare time with him. But you shouldn't lose contact with your friends. It's difficult when you all have different work patterns and lead busy lives, but we do all need some girl company. Even if it's just a half hour coffee catch up, it's better than nothing at all. We all need friends after all.
4. Do things you enjoy - Don't forget what your hobbies are. When you're busy meeting up with friends and going to your boyfriends house all the time it's easy to forget about the things you enjoy doing alone. It's always good to be surrounded by your love ones, but we all need some time to ourselves. Pick up a book that your forgot you had, catch up on YouTube videos or listen to your old favourite album.
5. Exercise/going outside - My final tip is to make the most of the outdoors. It sounds a bit silly, but I think it's important to go outside and get some fresh air and take a step away from phones and computers. I'm not one for exercising all the time because i don't have the money for the gym at the moment and I haven't found an exercise I enjoy which doesn't take up all my time. (If anyone has any fun exercise routines please let me know.) I sit at a desk all day so in my lunch hour I do try to take a walk to the shops, just to let my mind have a rest from work. I also like taking my boyfriends dogs for walks up the hill and having a run around with them, after doing this it actually makes me feel like I've done something productive with my day.
I hope these tips have helped. What do you guys like doing with your spare time? What's the best way to help you feel relaxed? Please let me know in the comments.